With running events slowly starting to appear around the UK, we’ve picked out some highlights that are exciting #TeamRunderwear. The team are all itching to get back out there with the running community across the UK.
1. Queen Elizabeth Park 10k @ Olympic Park, London – Saturday May 1st 2021
If you’re looking for that next step after conquering 5k training this regular run around the iconic sights of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park could be ideal for you. Along a flat, smooth course, you’ll run past the waterways, green spaces and sporting venues, including the London Stadium and Copper Box Arena.
2. Colchester Stampede 10k @ Colchester Zoo – Sunday May 16th 2021
Colchester Zoo is home to over 260 species of animal and set in 60 acres of parkland and lakes. We can’t promise that you’ll get to see all of the animals, but it does sound like a fascinating setting for a 10k run! The run itself supports the charity Action for the Wild, starts and finishes in the zoo with a road based rural route making up the majority of the course.
Find out more: https://www.colchesterstampede.com/product/colchester-stampede-10k-2021/
Check out Runderwear's 10k training plans to enhance your performance.
3. Maverick Dorset Original @ Wilkswood Farm, Dorset – Saturday May 22nd 2021Our brand partners at Maverick Events restart their events from mid-April, but our pick is the Dorset original that some of #TeamRunderwear sampled in 2020. This route takes in the rugged Jurassic coastline, with some big elevations on the course. This is quite a technical course, with some rocky coastal sections, but there’s nothing better than running by the sea.
Find out more: https://www.maverick-race.com/races/
4. Gateshead Half Marathon @ Gateshead, UK – Sunday May 30th 2021A scenic course taking in Gateshead Millennium Bridge, Tyne Brigde and finishing on the track at the IAAF-standard Gateshead International Stadium. Starting on Felling By-Pass and finishing at the iconic stadium you’ll be running along a road closed course to complete this half marathon.
Find out more: https://www.gatesheadhalf.com/event/gateshead-half-marathon-may-2021/
5. ParkRun Returns @ Nationwide UK – Saturday June 5th 2021Following the return of junior ParkRun events in early April, ParkRun have confirmed their plans to bring back upto 90% of the ParkRuns across the UK on Saturday 5th June. The list of runs is yet to be confirmed, but behind the scenes the event teams are working hard to get these popular running events back up and running.
Get the latest news and information: https://blog.parkrun.com/uk/
6. Cheddar Gorge Challenge @ Cheddar, Somerset – Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June 2021There’s a distance for every runner at this event, ranging from 1k through the full marathon on Sunday. If you fancy an extra special challenge you can take on the Omnium which involves taking part in 5 different runs over the weekend to earn an extra special medal. This is a great way to explore Cheddar and the Mendip Hills.
Find out more: https://www.relishrunningraces.com/cheddar-gorge-challenge.php
7. The Hampshire Hoppit @ Kingclere, nr Basingstoke – Sunday 20th June 2021
The Hampshire Hoppit marathon and half marathon include sections of the Wayfarers Walk and the Harrow Way, both famous footpaths. The route is described at scenic and everyone that finishes gets an engraved beer glass and it filled with locally supplied Ale.
Find out more: https://hampshiretrailmarathon.co.uk/
8. Maverick Frontier Chilterns @ Wendover School, Aylesbury – June 26th 2021
A new event for 2021 the Maverick team are looking forward to welcoming runners to the beautiful Chiltern Hills. This event offers 4 distances from 10 through to 54km. This is aimed at runners of all levels and with the courses based on winding woodland trails and undulating hills
Find out more: https://www.maverick-race.com/races
If you’d like your event featured in this or future race blogs, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org